Monday, April 5, 2010

What I'm Listening To...

Some of the songs stuck on repeat on my internal iPod...

  • The Sappy Love Song: "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. Otherwise known as the love theme from the movie "Titanic". We're singing it in Premier, and I have a solo, so I've been singing it a lot for that reason. It's a very beautiful song, and one of my father's favorites. It made me cry the first time I heard it, and it takes a lot to do that! I think a lot on this song....
  • The Weird Song: "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. Wow, this is one song that I never thought I'd be listening to over and over... My friend Kyla insisted that I listen to it, and now... I can't... stop! It's definitely... interesting, lyric wise. And it has a great beat for dancing. This is one of those songs that I listen to when I'm in a sexy psycho mood.
  • The Emo Song: "Learn to be Lonely" written by Andrew Lloyd Webber for the movie adaptation of "The Phantom of the Opera"."No One Would Listen" was cut from the final script of the movie, and would have taken place sometime between "Masquerade" and "Past the Point of No Return" and is sung by Gerard Butler (The Phantom). The song details the Phantom's sorrow that Christine was the only one who truly understood him, but even she left him, and he's alone once more. I listen to this song when I'm feeling really down and lonely.
  • The Awesome Love Song: "Hero/Heroine" by Boys Like Girls. This is perhaps one of my new favorite songs! Laurel/Eliz had me listen to it and it's awesome! This is one song that I would hope that any boyfriends I have in the future would relate to me ("I feel like a hero / and you're my heroine..." heroine pronounced like "heroin"... haha!). This song makes me think of my big damn heroes (you know who you all are...) and it makes me happy to have them.

So yeah! That's what I've been listening to! Kinda gives you an idea about what I've been thinking and feeling lately. I wouldn't really suggest them for you unless you already know and love them... except for "Hero/Heroine"!!! It's a great song and I highly recommend it for you all!

Peace out!

~Laura

2 comments:

  1. you guys sounded really good when we snuck into the band room to put our stuff away :)

    ReplyDelete