Saturday, April 17, 2010

Long day...

After staying up until three in the morning (I couldn't sleep because of the muppets!), I woke up today at eight o'clock to go to a bloody tech call for drama at the school.

I got there at nine because my mom needed to be at work by 9:30 and I had no other way to get there. Of course, I was locked out until Mrs Gwin (the nurse that helps out with drama a lot) let me in... blah.

Once we got in, it was three hours of hauling big pieces of wood that were once sets that have really piled up backstage. Like, seventeen years worth. Ugh. That's pretty much what I did. Since I can't be trusted with power tools (some sets needed to be dismantled), my job was basically to try to rearrange what we were keeping so that we'd have more space. I also went on several "dumpster runs". Those were actually really fun. Me and my friend Tang (who is also involved in drama) loaded up all the pieces of wood that we were throwing away onto this cart-type-thing that the janitors gave us (it's called a "dolly" I think...) and dragged them all out to the dumpster, where I threw them all in javelin style. And when we had room on the dolly, Tang and I took turns riding on it... because we're so very mature.

After all this work, my dad came and picked us up and took Tang and I out to lunch at Valentino's.... (their garlic bread is AMAZING, but there isn't much else there that I like.) and then on the way home, Tang completely astounded me in that he could identify the song "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones just by hearing the first two notes! But anywho...

Very long and tiring day but also lots of fun with Tang and other awesome people!

~Laura

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who can't recognize 'Paint it Black' from the first 10 seconds (at most) automatically lsoes my respect.

    ReplyDelete