Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shopping Madness... or Attempting to Rediscover Polychromatic Clothing

I had a good day... mostly because it was an A day (I love A days...) and because rehearsal went swimmingly (Yay for being the only soprano and thus getting awesome parts in the opening number!), but also because of the outing with my parents.

Today was a Wednesday, so Mom had off from work and we all went shopping (and Mom and Dad sang "Easy Lover" by Phil Collins in the car... scarring me for life...). The shopping went... pretty well... ish. I was looking for an outfit for the techno dance my school is having on Friday. Shopping is really difficult for me, because it's hard to find outfits that really suit my style and because I hate my body type.

My style is really difficult to discribe... kinda like the bastard love child of a hippie and a goth. In the summer I tend to lean to the former, and in the winter to the latter. Anyway, most of my clothing is black, with some dark greens, reds, a handful of blues. But predominantly black. Not very well suited to a techno dance, hence the shopping trip.

Now, I have trouble finding clothes that really flatter me. While not really fat, I am not the skinniest of girls either... curvy is the word. Now don't get me wrong, I love my curves. My hips and ass are awesome, but I also have some excess mush around my stomach and thighs. This mush makes shorter skirts and fitted shirts a definite no. Throw in the fact that I have no chest to speak of, and you've got a handful of self-image issues that I hide with confidence and smartassery. I have exactly one fitted shirt that I like. Clothes that actually do flatter me are uncomfortable as hell. Clothes that are really comfy are also quite unflattering. You get my drift: shopping is hell.

Anyway, after wandering around Kohls, frustratedly trying to find florescents that I liked that looked suitably techno and being emo in the dressing room, I managed to find a lime green tank top that will be paired with black capri pants and some shiny green makeup. Yay! I finally have a decent outfit for this dance! In addition, I found an amazing top and vest based on the new "Alice in Wonderland" movie! While I won't be wearing these to the dance, I adore them, and will find them most pleasing additions to my collection of gothier clothes.

In short, my mission to find clothing falling somewhere actually on the color spectrum was not a complete failure, but I did undo my own work by buying the black top and gray vest... oh well, I like 'em!

In other news! One of my non-blood sisters has got a blog! It can be found at www.insert-the-title-here.com. Basically, she's only using it to put down ideas for stories, and background, and hopefully soon even stories themselves! Yay!

On a slightly sadder note: Today was Matty B's birthday. Matty B was a classmate who died back in November. I didn't know him well, but I still miss him. Happy Birthday, Matt. I won't forget you...

Happy Days, all.

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment