Saturday, March 27, 2010

I had a good day...

Understatement, actually. My day was AWESOME. Today me and and my oldest and dearest friend Tara decided to hang out with our friend Hannah, as it was her birthday.

WHAT a day! We followed her to a robotics meeting, as she is a member of our school's robotics club. Tara and I... well, we're more like mascots than actual members as we're friends with a lot of the members. So we were trying to entertain ourselves... as you can imagine, hijinks ensued. While the members were discussing and watching videos of a robot doing stuff, we played some games of hang-man and tic tac toe on the schedule for the next robotics competition, scribbled firefly quotes all over said schedule, started dancing when "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" just started randomly playing, acted all ninja and secret agent down the hall, engaged in random group hugs, sang "Happy Birthday" to Hannah, ate cake (the first of two we'd eat), and just generally acted silly! It was so much fun!!

After the meeting, me and Tara went back to Hannah's house. Where there was still MORE fun and silliness!!! We gave her her gifts (well, TARA gave her her gift, I just recited the quote from Firefly that excuses not having a gift: "Day is a vestigial mode of time measurement, based on solar cycles. It's not applicable. I didn't get you anything."), we watched the hilariousness that is Eddie Izzard (a British, transvestite comedian, I highly suggest looking him up) on Youtube for a few hours, took a break for dinner, watched MORE Eddie Izzard, ate dessert (ice cream cake!!), and watched STILL MORE Eddie Izzard, laughing until our sides were sore the whole time! Then Hannah's mom drove us home.

All in all, it was an amazing, fun, full-of-kookiness day!

Ta!

~Laura

(PS: President Kennedy once announced to a bunch of Berlin, "Ich bin ein Berliner!", which means "I am a jelly donut!"

No comments:

Post a Comment