Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Oh, la!

First off, I apologize for not posting yesterday (not that many people care...) but some shit was happening and I was in a bad mood and didn't feel like posting so there!

Anywho.

Today was musically amazing! In addition to some sunshiny weather (even if the temperature is a bit low...), I had Concert Choir today! Which is always fun. We're really coming together on our three pieces that we're performing for our next concert (A benefit concert for the Matt Buriak Scholarship Fund). We're working on "O Whistle and I'll Come to Ye" an old Scottish folksong, "I Want to Be Ready" a Gospel/Spiritual piece, and "Alleluia" which... really can't be described in words (other than "amazing"). But, most exciting of all, we began working on a song that we will sing in both a competition (that I'll talk about later...) and as the finale to the Pops concert in May: "Finale B" from RENT!!! I LOVE RENT! And I LOVE "Finale B" (which is funny cuz I've never heard any "Finale A") It's such an amazing song. I highly suggest listening to it, if not watching all of RENT.

In other musical news, for the drama show, the opening will be a song medley comprised of various John Williams themes ("Indiana Jones", "Jaws", "Jurassic Park", etc.) with lyrics all about Star Wars. (even more than I suggest listening to "Finale B", I suggest listening to this song! It's hilarious! Youtube "John Williams is the Man") As the only soprano in the show, I get a lot of awesomeness in this song! I get to sing the high part of the chorus (The "Indiana Jones" theme), while the other girl, Tori, harmonizes. I also get to vocalize the "E.T" theme while this guy Nate sings some really funny lyrics about Luke Skywalker whining... it's great. I'm really liking the way this is coming together! It's a lot of fun! I'm in the spotlight musically (which almost NEVER happens!), I get to sing quirky songs, and we all sound GREAT together!

Yep, music = happiness.

And that is my word spew for the day!

Musically yours,

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment