Monday, March 15, 2010

School, Stress, and Star Wars

Today was... ugh, a Monday.


School was the usual. First block Forensics, in which I acted like a loon because I was operating on less than three hours of sleep (cruelty, thy name is insomnia); then Homeroom, where the exhaustion hit; Concert Choir, lots of fun as always; Algebra, which is slowly sucking out my soul; and finally History, where I fretted and worried about my thesis paper (I don't have the best track record with thesis papers) and attempted to read about JFK without falling asleep.


After school, I had Drama rehearsal, which was, in a word, amazing. Our spring show is a cabaret-style performance consisting of skits, musical numbers, and reading interviews we've collected. The theme: Star Wars. Specifically, "Star Wars changes lives, man!" in the words of my fellow actor Nate (hard to convey his inflections in blog form, but if you hear it... just the way he says it is really funny!). Today we practiced some light saber choreography, and cold read a couple of skits we'll be using (homages to "Clerks" and "Robot Chicken"). Lots of fun. Will probably have a blog post dedicated entirely to it sometime in the future.


Now I'm home... for a little while. Having eaten an entire tupperware container of risotto (Thank you Mommy....), I will be heading off later to an after school a cappella group called Premier. I'm gonna be miserable because rehearsals for Premier tend to drag... and I'm already dead tired. But upon my return, I shall curl up in bed (preferably with some comfort food), watch "House", and get some sleep.


And that is a day in the life of me! Hope it wasn't too boring for you... Oh yeah! And thank you to the wonderful mandachan for sending people over here from her blog! Love you manda!

~Laura

1 comment:

  1. light saber coreography? gahh i'm torn between saying somthing about sabre style fencing and the most likely lack of reallistick swordwork and my childwood love for starwars. gues i will just have to grit my teeth through all the big openings that will be missed besides if they actualy fenced, er sory fought, they wouldn't now who the winner was going to be until all was said and done. sry go ahead i concured the impulse to send you a list of sabre parry's.

    ReplyDelete