Friday, March 19, 2010

"Bye Mom! Promise I won't do TOO many psychedelics!"

... is what I said to Mom as she dropped me off at Blackout, the techno dance my school hosted this evening.

What a night...

I actually did not wear the outfit I had planned to. Instead, mom bought me this weird yet awesome halter top and skirt set (I'll put pics up... at some point). Painted my nails neon green for the occaision too!

It wasn't too bad as far as school dances go. I danced with some girlfriends, danced both in the middle of a crowd (I have reverse claustrophobia! I feel better when closed in...) and just with the aforementioned girlfriends away from the crowd. The best part: minimal trauma-drama (a word coined by my 8th grade english teacher)! I have a bad track record of getting involved with some sort of trauma-drama at dances...

Matt from "Fencing Insanity" showed up. Which actually surprised me because I figured dances weren't his thing (I was right). Anyway, I hung out with him for a bit until he left. It got pretty boring after that. I didn't have the energy left to dance as wildly as before, so me and Kyla (the only person I knew there, but it was ok 'cause I made friends with her friends) and company just stood around, bobbed to the beat a bit, hoped that a certain song would play (it didn't).

I'm glad to be home, I'm exhausted. All in all, it wasn't a bad dance.

I go beddy-bye now.

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment