Monday, March 22, 2010

The Monday Ritual (and new books!)


Today is Monday. We had no school today because of professional developement thingy, but that's totally fine with me because Mom took me to Borders for new books!! Now I'm already reading "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson at the behest of the EGE, and attempting to reread the "Heralds of Valdemar" series by Mercedes Lackey. So one might think that I've bit off more than I can chew in terms of reading material... NAH!

I love to read. I read anything that interests me. And that's a lot...

Anywho. Today I purchased: "Need" by Carrie Jones, "Immortal" by Gillian Sheilds, and "Fallen" by Lauren Kate. What these books have in common: they're all paranormal/supernatural romances. Yes, I know, I admit it. I'm addicted to the bloody things... at least I have the sense, decency, and good taste to pretend that "Twilight" never happened!

Yeah. I'll attempt to post a little report about each book as I finish it.

Now. The Monday Ritual. Every Monday I do the same thing. Go to school (unless for some reason it's canceled like today). Go to Premier at six (I skipped last week 'cause I was about to drop from exhaustion). Come home at seven-thirty. Watch "House" at eight. And finally, sign on to google chat, and talk to the EGE until "Castle" comes on at ten. At which point, we watch the show starring the ever-amazing and talented Nathan Fillion (of "Firefly" fame), laugh at the hilarity ensuing, and point out the "Firefly" references. This is our Monday Ritual. We do it every week, and it never fails to be great fun for two geeky friends who love crime dramas and Nathan Fillion... and Stana Katic ('cause she's awesome). I'm pretty sure that the EGE has done a blog post about "Castle" so I'll spare you the details (translation: too lazy to tell you about the show myself...)


And that, my fine followers, is my Monday.

~Laura

(P.S. Manda! Stop worrying about softball tryouts or I will BEAT you to within an inch of your life! Although... I'm pretty sure that beating your friends to within an inch of their lives is not an accepted social practice...)

4 comments:

  1. :P

    haha jk, thanks for the good wishes :) i'll need them

    besides, if i don't make the team, i'll ask if i can manage. if they don't let me manage, i'll get a job. if somehow i can't do that, well then i'll have more time to work on DiT which i haven't updated in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: you need to change your time zone setting, you're in pacific time right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go to your dashboard, then to settings, and then to formating.

    ReplyDelete