Sunday, May 9, 2010

Very nice...

So my friend Adam is a member of the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) and I bugged him into letting me go to one of his combat practices today. You know, just to check it out.

It was pretty cool. Watched Adam get the crap kicked out of him by guys in home-made armor. Froze my ass off. They even let me take a few whacks at the pell (practice dummy). I broke it.

Decided that, fun as it is to watch, fighting isn't for me. When I do get more into the SCA, I'll prolly go more into the Arts & Sciences field then into the combat.

~Laura

2 comments:

  1. whait a sec i've heard of those guys sombody left a post on my blog about them.

    she said they had the most realistick period fencing and she thought anyone undr 18 might have to sign a waver to participate because they worry about lawsuites!

    not really sure what that says about what they do there especally since i have never seen it, but heck.

    is that organization really what the name makes it out to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cool! I think you might like it, but you do have to be at least 18 to fight (I happened to look older that day so... I got to swing at the pell). They are really awesome though, the events look really fun.

    ReplyDelete