Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Impending Doom...

AKA Prom.

I already know how this is gonna go:

No one's gonna dance with me. I'm going to dance with myself because none of my friends like to dance. I'm going to want to go dance, but not be able to because my friends don't dance and I'll have to choose between being alone and dancing, or hanging out with my friends and missing it.

I don't have a date. I'm the type of girl that boys don't ask, and I don't have the balls to ask the guy that I want to.

While mandachan and the EGE go off and do couple-y things and ignore me, I'm going to get emo, sit in a corner and watch jealously, and then end up texting Tara asking her to tell me a story because I'm lonely.

My normally well-hidden inferiority complex is going to pop up, due to seeing the other girls all dolled up in pretty dresses, while I stand there in my utter plainness.

I'm prolly going to have a mediocre night, made happy only by isolated incidents of my awesome friends pulling me into the awesomeness.

I know what you're thinking: If I don't expect to have a great time, why am I going? Simple. I like the idea of prom. I like dressing up. I like dancing. Only problem is, I'm alone in it all. Prom is not a friendly concept to a girl like me. But I hope, I always hope, that this time it might be better than every other dance I've gone to. I always hope, even though I know I'll inevitably be disapointed every time.

Prom is this Saturday. Can't wait.

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment