Monday, May 24, 2010

My Nerd Credentials

Proof of my geekery:

  • My prized possession's include a model of the fictional spaceship "Serenity" and a wooden katana named "Vera".
  • I have five songs on my ipod that are in some way related to Joss Whedon. These are: the main theme from Firefly, the main theme from Angel, a filk about the main character from Firefly (using the main theme as the chorus), a song from the Firefly soundtrack entitled "River's Dance", and another song from Firefly (NOT on the soundtrack) called "The Hero of Canton" (which is what going mad feels like).
  • I intend to add even MORE Joss-related songs to my ipod.
  • I can swear in Chinese.
  • I am an avid reader of fanfiction and occasionally dabble in writing my own.
  • I watched Saving Private Ryan solely for a short scene with Nathan Fillion in it.
  • I watched all three Matrix movies because the last two each have two second clips of Gina Torres.
  • Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land" helped me understand my own religion.
  • Almost all of my friends are flans (aka Browncoats, aka fans of Firefly).
  • I quote. All the time.
  • Almost all of my free time is spent on the Internet.
  • The EGE can attest to how hard it is to stump me in Firefly trivia.
  • I intend to put as many Joss Whedon references as possible into my video for my final History project.
  • I rabidly follow five webcomics.
  • I know how amazing Anthony Stewart Head's voice is.
  • I will admit to a passing interest in anime... but don't tell Cela.
  • On Halloween, I love to go as characters from my favorite movies. I have not gone in a "conventional" costume in years.
  • I own three figurines of Serenity characters (Jayne, River, and Mal) and two figurines from Labyrinth ( Jareth the Goblin King and Hoggle).

And... that's about all I can think of right now. Doubtless I'll come up with more and post them at a later date.

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment