Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fun fun fun...

Interesting things happening in chorus.

Pops is coming up. Biggest concert of the year. Concert Choir is singing three songs, plus the finale, PLUS the senior song.

We're singing "Comedy Tonight" from "A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum" (which has odd choreography), "Lot of Living to Do" from "Bye Bye Birdie" (which has awkward choreography), and "Out Here on My Own" from "Fame" (which has BORING choreography).

"Lot of Living" is... well, fun... but kinda awkward, as it involves a girl and a boy partnered and doing what was considered "romantic dancing" in the 50's.

Laurel/Eliz's partner towers over her, which I find hilarious.

My partner is trying to touch me as little as possible, which SHE finds hilarious.

This song has the most complicated dance moves, plus I'm in the front row so... lots of pressure on me. I'm also hoping that my partner is at least-semi convincing on the "romantic" front. But as long as I wear a skirt that swirls when I spin, it'll be ok since the audience will be watching the twirly skirt instead of my partner holding my hand with only two fingers...

Til the next post...

~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment